Construction is ongoing on Coastal GasLink; it is urgent that we stop the flow of money to this project immediately. We know that the fight against colonialism is multi-generational and is well beyond this single project, and right now is a critical moment in the fight for Coastal GasLink. The economic case for the project is crumbling, and there is no social license. Wet’suwet’en lands and communities are being harmed every day by construction on the project and man camps, powered by KKR’s money.
Call KKR’s New York Headquarters
1 (212) 750-8300 or their San Francisco office
1 (415) 315-3620
Not sure what to say?
Here’s a Call Script
“Hello KKR, my name is______ I am calling to demand you respect the Indigenous sovereignty of the Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs, and drop the risky Coastal GasLink pipeline immediately. The Coastal GasLink project is unanimously opposed by the Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs. This project would lock us into decades of increased fracked gas, disregarding the lack of consent by Wet’suwet’en community and the impacts to climate, air, water and the risks posed to Indigenous women, girls, and Two Spirit people by man camps built along the route. This colonial violence must stop.”
Email KKR’s Executives
Don’t invest in the Coastal GasLink pipeline and respect Indigenous rights now!
Join over 17,000 people who have sent KKR a message about their investment in Coastal GasLink: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/messagekkr
- So far the #CoastalGasLink pipeline project has spent $13M on @RCMP to harm Wet’suwet’en land defenders on their own lands – is this really a good investment to you, @KKR_co? #ShutDownKKR
- During the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, @TCEnergy has pushed ahead with #CoastalGasLink pipeline construction, sending more workers onto Wet’suwet’en territories, putting communities at risk of COVID-19. @KKR_Co, respect Indigenous sovereignty now! #WetsuwetenStrong
- Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs are being removed from their land so @TCEnergy can build the @CoastalGasLink pipeline, despite having rights and title to the land since time immemorial! @KKR_Co, is it typically your policy to invest in Indigenous rights violations..? #ShutDownKKR
- Hey @KKR_Co, your Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) Responsible Investment Policy, & commitment to the @UN_SDG goals doesn’t fit with trying to force e the Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs off their territory by investing in @CoastalGasLink’s pipeline. Care to explain? #KKRGlobalImpact
- .@KKR_Co’s deals with NYPD pension funds protect murderous cops, and @KKR_co’s investments in Ingersoll Rand, a corporation that globally supplies hydraulic pumps to US military bases, fuels western imperialism #ShutDownKKR
Create an image that can be shared – a selfie with a sign that says “Shut Down KKR” and “Stop Coastal GasLink”, other public art, or a drawing, collage, etc!
If you are okay with us sharing on social media, please send it to email@example.com.
Organize at Their Offices
We are supportive of anyone interested in organizing on KKR in their own cities, on their own terms. KKR has offices around the world and need to be held accountable in the cities they operate in. If you share the creative ways that you engage your own community on social media on the hashtag #ShutDownKKR we will see it! You can get in touch with us through the form below.
We support a diversity of tactics, and organize with everyone from research groups, artists, direct action crews.